Earthy, tranquil, and sophisticated, a taupe color kitchen cabinet builds the foundation to a serene and incredibly superior interior design. Taupe is a neutral cabinet color, and hence, it needs a guiding element that transforms it into different styles of home decor. That is where the hardware color comes into the picture. And we are here to help you with it.
Taupe paint is very similar to greige-brownish-gray, with a tint of yellow undertones. No wonder it is so versatile! A taupe kitchen cabinet will pair gorgeously with different hardware colors to design different kitchen styles. So, here are the 12 trendiest hardware colors for taupe cabinets, along with some quick tips and tricks to help you revamp your kitchen.
Hardware Colors That Looks Gorgeous With Taupe Cabinets
1. Lavish Gold Kitchen Cabinet Hardware -Handles, Pulls, And Knobs
Gold hardware should be your first choice if you want an imperial and luxurious, art-deco look. The color pairs wonderfully with warm taupe cabinets and looks cohesive and transitional with a glossy metallic finish. It is available in many shapes and sizes throughout the market, but a slender, tubular handle looks the best with a taupe cabinet.
Finally, add white countertops, similar golden faucets, and stainless steel appliances for a modern farmhouse kitchen.
Finishes to look forward to:
- Brushed Brass: Looks orangish, rich, but saturated, and can easily overpower the design.
- Brushed Gold: Looks balanced, sophisticated, and transitional in design.
- Polished Nickel: Looks modern and accents taupe softly with a similar neutral accent.
A list of materials to embrace a golden touch:
- Polished Brass Hardware and Nickel Handles
- Carbon Steel Pulls finished with Golden Champagne Plating
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gold Copper Brushing
- Copper Knobs with Brushed Brass Finish
- Aluminum Handles with Gold Oxidation Finish (budget-friendly)
2. Polished Silver Kitchen Cabinet Hardware – Handles, Pulls, And Knobs
If you are looking for refined, sophisticated, and modern hardware for a taupe cabinet door, silver-colored hardware is the right choice. Silver adds a soft contrast to the monotonous taupe cabinets, while its gloss makes them more bright and elegant. Altogether, silver designs a contemporary Craftsman-style home that looks minimal and free of clutter.
You can use slender and cylindrical silver handles instead of smaller knobs if you plan to have a modern kitchen design. Alternatively, you can expose the screws of your silver handles and curate an industrial look for your kitchen.
Remember that silver is not an accent color, and hence, it might not pair well with your kitchen island. Instead, use it for your upper and lower cabinets.
Here are some gorgeous silver finishes:
- Polished Chrome: It is a shiny and elegant color that contrasts a taupe kitchen cabinet and looks modern.
- Weathered silver: It is more brownish, aged, and rustic and thus looks cohesive with a taupe cabinet for a farmhouse kitchen.
Here are some materials that complement a silver finish:
- Stainless Steel and Polished Nickel Handles
- Zinc Alloy Handles with a Silver Finish
- Brushed Satin Nickel Knobs
3. Verdant Tan-Colored Handles Pulls, And Knobs
The pair of a taupe kitchen cabinet and tan hardware works for both traditional and contemporary kitchen designs. Tan looks blackish and strikes the greige undertones of taupe in dim light, whereas it shines like aged bronze and looks rustic in bright lighting.
Thus, tan paint color is a timeless choice and will work well with many hardware shapes – from slender and modern handles to traditional, intricately carved pulls.
Here’s a list of our favorite finishes in tan hardware:
- Polished Bronze: It is glossy, neutral, and modern and looks the best on slender hardware.
- Antique Brass: It is aged, weathered, and vintage but pairs well with intricately designed hardware.
Here are the best materials for tan cabinet handles and pulls:
- Bronze Knobs and Pulls
- Brushed Brass Handles
- Aluminum Handles with Brown Oxidation Finish (cost-effective)
- Oxidized Zinc Alloy Handles
4. Versatile Gray Handles And Pulls
Gray and taupe complement each other as they belong to the same color family. Hence, a taupe kitchen cabinet will gorgeously pair with different grays and guarantee a flawless aesthetic. A taupe cabinet will look snugger and inviting with warmer ash grays, whereas it will look more elegant with cool grays.
You can choose light and dark gray hardware for your taupe cabinets, but pick dark grays with lighter, greige-like taupe color as a thumb rule and vice versa. Finally, use darker granite countertops, white or cream backsplash tile, and stainless steel appliances for an urbane kitchen look.
Here are the best materials for gray cabinet handles and pulls:
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gray Plating
- Alloy Steel with Gray Polish
- Brushed Nickel handles and Pulls
- Ceramic Handles with Gray Paint
- Aluminum Handles and Pulls
- Satin Nickel Silver Cabinet Pulls
5. Royal Black Cabinet Hardware – Handles, Pulls, And Knobs
Black paint color should be your first choice if you want a modern and industrial look to your kitchen cabinetry. Black adds a powerful contrast to taupe and makes kitchen cabinets look more dramatic and appealing.
However, black is a slightly solemn color and might darken the look of your kitchen. So, pair black paint with smaller round knobs or use white countertops and appliances to counter this effect. Moreover, you can also limit black hardware for your kitchen island and help it catch attention.
Here are some of the materials for a matte black finish:
- Stainless Steel Handles finished with Black Dye
- Black Curved Wire Pulls with Light Beige Cabinets
- Zinc Alloy handles with Black Oxide Finish
6. Elegant White Hardware
White is a light, neutral paint that makes a taupe cabinet bright and appealing within the blink of an eye. White hardware makes your kitchen feel light and airy while adding a tonal depth and sophistication. It declutters your kitchen cabinetry and gives a soft Scandinavian feel when completed with a wooden countertop.
However, white hardware requires proper upkeep and might turn yellowish with improper maintenance. Hence, heavier cream color is the next closest alternative.
Here are some of the materials that offer a white finish:
- Plastic Handle with a White Finish (budget-friendly, but not long-lasting)
- White Ceramic Handles and Pulls (cost-effective)
- Aluminum Handles and Knobs with a Glossy White Finish
- Oakwood Knobs with a White Paint
- White Porcelain Knobs
- Zinc-Alloy Handles with White Finish
7. Supple Cream-Colored Handles, Pulls, And Knobs
If you have no time to maintain white hardware, a cream paint color should be your next call. The cream is a bright color that looks neutral, calm, and balanced and completes a Craftsman Kitchen with a softer accent.
The cream color looks modern with a dark taupe cabinet paint color but might look monochrome with a light taupe. Hence, choose your theme and decide accordingly.
Here are the best options for cream hardware:
- Ceramic Knobs and Handles finished with Cream Paint
- Oak Wood Knobs, Drawer Pulls, and Handles
- Dutch Wood Knobs
- Rubber Wood Pulls and Knobs with a Transparent Stain Or Wood Wax
8. Chic Brown-Colored Cabinet Hardware – Handles And Knobs
Brown hardware complements the warm tones of taupe, looks cohesive, and designs a typical french-country style taupe kitchen. It contrasts taupe cabinets with a softer accent and looks calm and composed. Generally, beige-colored hardware goes well with dark shaker cabinets, while darker brown creates a pop against a neutral, greige-like taupe color.
Here are the best materials to shape brown hardware:
- Oil-rubbed Bronze Handles and Pulls
- Brown-Colored Leather Pulls
- Oakwood Knobs and Handles (Light Brown)
- Walnut Wood Knobs and Handles (Dark Brown)
- Natural Wood Knobs and Pulls with a Walnut Finish
- Ceramic Knobs Painted with a Brown Color
- Cast Iron Knobs with a Rustic Brown Finish
9. Vibrant Cherry-Red Knobs And Handles
A bright cherry red matches the warm hues of a taupe kitchen cabinet color and strikes a powerful contrast. Red is a vibrant color that makes taupe cabinets more dramatic and eclectic-styled. Pick rich cherry reds to balance your light taupe cabinets, or you can choose a rustic maroon for a more sophisticated appearance.
On the other hand, if you have dark taupe cabinets, you can go with muted cranberry accent colors that add a soft contrast without overwhelming the look. Finally, complete a contemporary kitchen with white countertops and a similar backsplash tile.
A list of the best materials for cherry red knobs:
- Ceramic Knobs with a Bright Cherry Paint
- Fused Glass Knob with Red dye
- Painted Stainless Steel Handles
- Painted Wooden Knobs and Handles
10. Exquisite Green-Colored Cabinet Hardware
Green hardware enlivens a taupe kitchen cabinet and looks natural and organic. Warmer greens like sage green and olive green complement the warm tones of a taupe cabinet and design a snug and inviting kitchen ambiance. On the other hand, cooler greens like emeralds and mint green add a pop of color to the taupe and curate a bohemian aesthetic.
Here are some lively materials that offer a bright green finish:
- Ceramic Knobs with a ‘Jolly Green’ Paint by Sherwin Williams
- Fused Glass Knob with Bright Green Dye
- Sliced Stone Agate Knobs and Drawer Pulls
- Metal Knobs Topped with a Green Marble Hardware Finish
11. Mellow Yellow Knobs And Pulls
Mellow yellow is a vibrant kitchen cabinet hardware color that pairs seamlessly with the yellow undertones of a taupe cabinet and makes it bright, modern, and dramatic. This color is a great choice to accent your kitchen island and give your home a regal splash of Mediterranean design.
Here are the best materials for pastel yellow knobs and pulls:
- Ceramic Knobs with Mellow Yellow Finish
- Wooden Knobs Painted with Mellow Yellow Paint
- Transparent Glass Knobs with Muted Yellow Dye
- Mellow Yellow Leather Pulls
12. Tranquil Turquoise Knobs
A peppy turquoise hardware color strongly contrasts the warm undertones of taupe and designs a dynamic yet inviting kitchen space. Turquoise color is a perfect choice for modern nautical kitchens and catches the limelight for your kitchen island.
Furthermore, pair turquoise hardware with white countertops and backsplash for a clean, crisp and uncluttered look.
Here’s a catalog for the best materials for teal or turquoise hardware:
- Ceramic Knobs with a ‘Calypso’ Paint by Sherwin Williams
- Crystal Glass Knob with Turquoise Dye
- Wooden Knobs finished with Turquoise Paint or Resin
Can You Use Taupe Color Hardware With A Taupe Kitchen Cabinet?
Yes, taupe hardware with taupe cabinets will guarantee cohesion and look monochrome. You need not use the same taupe paint color for both the cabinets and the hardware and can experiment with different hues of the same color. For example, use dark taupe hardware with light taupe cabinets and vice-versa.
However, an all-taupe kitchen might look too neutral and uninteresting, and hence, it needs supporting accessories like granite countertops and stainless steel appliances for a modern interior design.
Tips And Tricks To Choose The Appropriate Color Hardware For Taupe Cabinets
- Cross-check the color and finishes of other kitchen appliances and stick to the same tone. For instance, if you have stainless steel appliances in your kitchen, you can go for similar silver-colored hardware for a cohesive look.
- If you have a light taupe cabinet, choose tan, gray, black, red, or brown colored hardware to stand out.
- Pick golden, silver, cream, or turquoise hardware for your dark taupe cabinets.
- Never hesitate to take help from kitchen experts and designers if you feel confused at any point in time. Alternatively, you can experiment with different hardware color samples until you find the right match.
- Take a note of the lighting conditions before you install the hardware. Some colors like tan and cherry red will look dramatic in bright light but might look subdued in dim lighting.
Taupe cabinets are neutral and versatile themselves, and hence, you have a range of hardware colors that can enhance their aesthetic. Warm hardware colors will curate cohesion, while cool ones will offer a subtle contrast but look balanced. So, check our guide and pick the right color that suits your interior design.
Taupe is very similar to beige, and both of them have slight yellow undertones that design a warm kitchen. But will both of them work well with the same color hardware? Find out in our guide on the hardware colors for beige cabinets now.