Oak cabinets are a smart way to revamp your kitchen and add an extra dose of warmth and depth to the home depot. They are very durable but are a bit pricey. So, how do you update your oak kitchen in a way that lifts the burden off your wallet? Well, pair the right color hardware for a quick style off. And today, we’ll help you with the same.
An oak kitchen cabinet is neutral, and hence, it pairs well with most of the colors from the wheel. But, with such a broad palette of hardware colors available in the market, choosing the perfect match is a daunting task. So, check out our list of 12 trendiest hardware colors and design your dream kitchen right away.
Here’s A List Of 12 Hardware Colors That Will Spruce Your Oak Cabinetry
1. Stylish Silver Handles And Pulls
Silver is a chic and clean cabinet hardware color that blends seamlessly with an oak cabinet and looks modern and trendy. The color does not overpower the wood and, instead, adds a soft highlight to the cabinet door. Polished silver pairs well with red oak and white oak, whereas weathered silver handles go well with golden oak cabinets.
Silver cabinet hardware looks the best with slender, long bar handles and flat cabinet pulls that balance the tone of oak wood cabinets. On the other hand, avoid pairing smaller, round silver knobs with oak as they might not be easily visible and look subdued.
Here are some silver materials for a modern appeal:
- Brushed Satin Nickel Knobs and Handles
- Zinc Alloy Handles with a Silver Chrome Finish for a red oak-wood cabinet
- Stainless Steel Cabinet Handles
2. Posh Golden Handles And Cabinet Pulls
Golden is a timeless and age-old choice for cabinet hardware, and it makes an oak kitchen cabinet look more bright and luxurious. Golden softly accents oak and pairs well with different oak wood stains.
However, golden hardware might look outdated if not used correctly. Generally, this happens with shiny finishes that design an old, art-deco kitchen. To counter this, choose matte or brushed golden finishes that look modern.
You can also pair matte golden paint with flat cabinet pulls and handles to design a mid-century kitchen. Complete the look further with other kitchen accessories like a dark granite countertop and golden faucets.
A list of materials that guarantee a golden touch:
- Polished Antique Brass and Nickel Handles
- Carbon Steel Pulls finished with Golden Champagne Plating
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gold Copper Brushing
- Copper Knobs with Brushed Brass Finish
- Aluminum Handles with Gold Oxidation Finish (budget-friendly)
3. Verdant Tan-Colored Handles, Cabinet Knobs, And Pulls
Tan cabinet hardware is a mixture of black and brown paint that blends gorgeously with oak cabinets and gives a snug and warm look. Tan hardware changes its design style with lighting. It features a black and modern tone with lower ambient lighting, whereas it looks like glossy bronze in bright light.
Tan is best suited for low contrast golden oak cabinets and might not work well with red oak. Moreover, it is the best fit for a traditional kitchen design and looks good with intricate handles and pulls.
Here are some materials for tan knobs and cabinet pull:
- Stainless Steel Knobs and Pulls with a Copper Finish
- Zinc Alloy Handles Custom-Painted with a Rose-Gold Paint by Sherwin Williams
- Oil Rubbed Bronze Knobs and Drawer Pulls
- Copper Handles and Knobs with a Satin Finish
4. Autocratic Black Hardware – Cabinet Pulls, Knobs, And Handles
Black is a bold color that pops out against honey oak cabinets and steals the limelight for your oak kitchen. Black complements the dark brown tones of oak wood, looks modern and oozes sophistication. You can either go with a matte black finish that designs a modern oak kitchen or choose glossy finishes that look more royal.
Black kitchen hardware pairs gorgeously with all shades of oak wood – red oak, honey oak, and golden oak, but curates a different aesthetic with each. It strikes a powerful contrast with golden oak cabinets but looks more transitional with red oak kitchen cabinets. On the contrary, it softly accents honey oak cabinets and designs an eclectic kitchen.
Finally, complete the look with a dark granite countertop and stainless steel appliances to look cohesive, or welcome the Scandinavian vibe with a white marble countertop.
Here are some of the materials that support a black finish:
- Stainless Steel Handles finished with Black Dye
- Black Curved Wire Cabinet Pulls
- Zinc Alloy handles with Black Oxide Finish
- Solid Cast Iron Handles with a Black Powder Coat
5. Ornate Brown Colored Hardware – Cabinet Knobs And Pulls
Brown hardware is a simple, rustic option for shaker cabinets with minimal accessories and the aesthetic of a farmhouse kitchen. Brown handles add a subtle contrast to oak wood, but they look monochrome and balanced in their style statement.
Generally, dark brown hardware pairs well with light oak cabinets, whereas muted brown hardware looks good on dark red-stained wood grain.
Here is a list of materials that look as rustic as brown hardware:
- Oil-rubbed Bronze Handles and Pulls
- Brown-Colored Leather Pulls
- Oakwood Knobs and Handles (Light Brown)
- Walnut Wood Knobs and Handles (Dark Brown)
- Natural Wood Knobs and Pulls with a Walnut Finish
- Ceramic Knobs Painted with a Brown Paint
- Cast Iron Knobs with a Rustic Brown Finish
6. Versatile Gray Handles And Cabinet Pulls
Gray is a neutral hardware color for your upper and lower cabinets that do not need many accents. Gray paint is versatile and looks traditional with red oak and modern, farmhouse-style with honey oak.
Generally, reddish-grays look warmer and more sophisticated with oak cabinets. Hence, reddish-gray is the best choice for a muted and eclectic oak kitchen. Alternatively, you can use bluish-grays that hint at a Scandinavian vibe.
Here are the best materials for gray cabinet handles and pulls:
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gray Plating
- Alloy Steel with Gray Polish
- Brushed Nickel handles and Pulls
- Ceramic Handles with Gray Paint
- Aluminum Handles and Pulls
- Satin Nickel Silver Cabinet Pulls
7. Classic White-Colored Cabinet Pulls And Knobs
White is a clean and crisp hardware color that enlivens an oak kitchen cabinet and looks bright. White hardware pairs well with all oak wood stains and curates a different design style with each. White handles look vintage with red oak, whereas they design a farmhouse kitchen with golden oak cabinets.
However, white is hard to maintain and may turn yellowish with time. Hence, if you have a busy routine, it is best to go with easy-to-clean knobs instead of intricate handles. Finally, complete a contemporary kitchen with a similar white backsplash and contrast it with dark granite countertops.
Here are the best materials for white hardware:
- Plastic Handle with a White Finish (budget-friendly, but not long-lasting)
- White Ceramic Handles and Pulls (cost-effective)
- Aluminum Handles and Knobs with a White Finish
- Oakwood Knobs with a White Paint
- White Porcelain Knobs
- Zinc-Alloy Handles with White Finish
8. Lustrous Transparent Kitchen Cabinet Hardware
Transparent knobs are the quickest and easiest ways to spruce your traditional oak cabinets and make them more bright and modern. These knobs will add a lot of shine to your kitchen island and are great as accent hardware. They will pair off with all stain colors and look modern and trendy.
However, transparent hardware requires adequate lighting to maintain its shine, and it may appear solemn with less light. Moreover, avoid using these if you have children or pets at home that might break the delicate cabinet knobs.
A list of materials that appear transparent:
- Polished Glass
- Acrylic (sturdy and budget-friendly)
- Plastic (cheapest, but appears white with time)
9. Rustic Beige Cabinet Pulls And Knobs
Beige is a soft and supple color that complements the brown undertones of oak wood and designs a Craftsman kitchen with lesser contrast. Beige offers a subtle accent and pairs well with red oak but might look bland and uninteresting with golden oak cabinets. So, choose wisely.
Here are the best options for beige-colored cabinet pulls and knobs:
- Oak Wood Knobs and Handles
- Dutch Wood Knobs
- Rubber Wood Pulls and Knobs with a Transparent Stain Or Wood Wax
10. Serene Sage Green Pulls And Knobs
A yellowish-gray sage green adds a soft contrast to oak cabinets and looks rustic yet balanced. Sage green complements the earthy tones of oak wood and works exceptionally well with golden oak cabinets, giving a nature-inspired look in your kitchen.
You can further enhance it with glass tops that allow high reflectivity and gloss. Finally, complete a farmhouse kitchen with a bright backsplash and wood countertop.
Here are the best materials for sage green pulls and knobs:
- Ceramic Handles With Sage Green Paint
- Nickel Handles with a Chrome Polish
- Sage Green Fused Glass Knobs
- Leather Cabinet Door Pulls
11. Mellow Yellow Cabinet Knobs
Pastel mellow yellow blends seamlessly with golden oak and honey oak kitchen cabinets, whereas it offers a soft contrast with red oak. These knobs are a quick way to add a bright accent to your kitchen island and brace a typical Mediterranean vibe.
You can also go with bright yellow knobs with red oak, but avoid pairing them with golden oak as they might look overwhelming.
Here are the best materials for mellow yellow knobs:
- Ceramic Knobs with Mellow Yellow Paint
- Wooden Knobs Painted with Mellow Yellow Paint
- Transparent Glass Knobs with Muted Yellow Dye
- Pastel Yellow Leather Pulls
12. Tranquil Teal Cabinet Knobs and Pulls
Teal is a peppy paint that makes ordinary oak cabinets look more exciting and engaging. It breaks the monotony of the wooden hues and adds a powerful contrast with a modern appeal. Being fresh, it designs a nautical kitchen that looks clean and uncluttered. You can even use turquoise paint, a dark alternative to teal, if you want a more rustic look.
Here’s a list of the best materials for teal hardware:
- Ceramic Knobs with a ‘Tame Teal’ Paint by Sherwin Williams
- Crystal Glass Knob with Teal Blue Dye
- Wooden Knobs finished with Teal Paint or Resin
Tips To Choosing Hardware Colors For Oak Cabinets
- Contrasting accent hardware like sage and teal will stylize your cabinetry and look more modern and appealing. Alternatively, if you have honey oak cabinets, you can use black hardware to strike a bold accent and stand out.
- Choose tubular and slender cabinet handles for a modern and minimal look. On the other hand, ornate and carved handles are perfect for traditional and transitional kitchens.
- Ensure to match the hardware colors with exposed hinges for a cohesive look.
- If you already have old wooden or metal handles to your cabinetry, you can update them by painting with an accent color of your choice. This way, you can revamp your kitchen and save up on costs.
Oak-wood cabinets are snug and comforting but might be heavy on the pockets. So, upgrading your oak cabinetry with the correct hardware color is an efficient way to design a modern kitchen within a budget. Oak cabinets look modern with cool, fresh hues like silver and green, whereas they look more traditional with warm golden and tan hardware.
So, pick the hardware that fits your interior design style and complements your oak cabinets. Like oak, walnut cabinetry can also be updated using perfect hardware colors. So, if you’re looking for more hardware color ideas for your walnut cabinets, we have got you covered.