Espresso is the perfect mix of style and elegance and is a bold and daring choice for these trendsetting times. An espresso kitchen cabinet delivers warmth and spruces up boring kitchens. Espresso has a rich grain, color, and texture, making it a popular choice among homeowners. But, what revamps them further is the right hardware color.
However, with such a broad palette of hardware colors available in the market, shortlisting one color can be daunting. So, to help you with this, we dug the 12 trendiest color combinations that complement your espresso cabinets and renovate your kitchen cabinetry.
Hardware Colors That Pair Well With An Espresso Kitchen Cabinet
1. Urbane Silver Cabinet Hardware – Handles, Pulls, And Knobs
Are you looking for a modern yet sophisticated hardware color? Then, refined silver hardware is the one for you. The color tones down dark brown cabinets but adds a dynamic gloss that looks luxurious. Thus, the duo results in a sleek and polished contemporary kitchen design that catches attention.
A sleek, cylindrical silver handle will look the best on your shaker cabinets, but tubular pulls, drawer pulls, cabinet knobs and door cups will look good equally. Moreover, silver is versatile enough to pair with different accent colors for your kitchen island and looks balanced.
Here are our favorite silver finishes:
- Polished Chrome: It is a contemporary finish that looks glossy, crisp, and clean on dark wood. It declutters espresso kitchen cabinets and oozes class.
- Weathered Silver: This finish shines too. But, it looks olden and rustic, just like oxidized silver.
Here are some materials that complement a silver finish:
- Stainless Steel and Polished Nickel Handles
- Zinc Alloy Handles with a Silver Finish
- Brushed Satin Nickel Knobs
2. Extravagant Gold Hardware – Pulls, Handles, And Knobs
Gold hardware designs a surreal kitchen. It adapts effortlessly with the cabinet door and looks stylish, luxurious, and sophisticated. Moreover, gold adds a powerful contrast to the dark wood and designs a warmer traditional kitchen.
You can complement gold hardware with a white marble countertop and glass panels for a transitional look. On the other hand, slender golden handles with rustic hardwood floors and a dark granite countertop will design a modern farmhouse kitchen. Either way, gold offers a crisp metal finish that makes it irresistible for kitchen cabinet hardware.
Top 3 gorgeous finishes for espresso cabinetry:
- Orange Gold: Looks bright and bold but designs a traditional kitchen.
- Rose Gold: Looks muted and balances the saturation of darker espresso cabinets.
- Green Gold: Looks whitish and shapes a modern kitchen.
A list of materials for a golden touch:
- Polished Brass and Nickel Handles
- Carbon Steel Pulls finished with Golden Champagne Plating
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gold Copper Brushing
- Copper Knobs with Brushed Brass Finish
- Aluminum Handles with Gold Oxidation Finish (budget-friendly)
3. Venerable Yellowish-Brown Handles And Pulls
A yellowish-brown color will help you polish the traditional tone of espresso kitchen cabinets. This duo will complement each other’s undertones with subtle contrast, look cohesive, and build an eclectic kitchen that curates its statement in minimal accessories.
However, ensure that your kitchen gets adequate natural light to bring out the gloss in the hardware, or it may look blackish and uninteresting.
Finishes to choose from:
- Polished Bronze: Has more gloss and looks neutral and contemporary.
- Antique Brass: It is weathered and designs a traditional kitchen with a subtle accent.
Here are the best materials for yellowish-brown cabinet handles and pulls:
- Bronze Knobs and Pulls
- Brushed Brass Handles
- Aluminum Handles with Brown Oxidation Finish (cost-effective)
- Oxidized Zinc Alloy Handles
4. Sovereign White Cabinet Hardware – Pulls And Knobs
Does your dark espresso cabinet overpower the look of your kitchen? Well, then you should lay hands on white cabinet hardware. White is a crisp, clean hardware color that tones down the saturation of espresso cabinets and makes them bright, modern, and appealing. Moreover, it contrasts espresso powerfully and will result in a clean and uncluttered kitchen.
However, white hardware requires maintenance and may turn yellowish over time. Hence, if you do not have the time for maintenance and are looking for a heavier, stain-proof color, choose cream hardware as a closer alternative.
Here are some of the materials that offer a white finish:
- Plastic Handle with a White Finish (budget-friendly, but not long-lasting)
- White Ceramic Handles and Pulls (cost-effective)
- Aluminum Handles and Knobs with a Glossy White Finish
- Oakwood Knobs with a White Paint
- White Porcelain Knobs
- Zinc-Alloy Handles with White Finish
5. Crude Beige Knobs And Handles
Your espresso cabinet can become the showstopper of the kitchen with earthy and cohesive beige hardware that feels as lively as countryside kitchens. Beige has a light and composed look that anchors seamlessly with the kitchen space and softens the melancholy of the dark cabinet.
Moreover, beige will hint at a Scandinavian vibe with a white backsplash tile and a similar white countertop that makes the style look cohesive.
Here are the best options for beige-colored hardware:
- Ceramic Handles or Knobs Painted with Beige Paint
- Oak Wood Knobs and Handles
- Rubber Wood Pulls and Knobs with a Transparent Stain Or Wood Wax
6. Adaptable Light-Gray Handles Pulls And Knobs
Longing for a color that will neutralize the warm tones of espresso kitchen cabinets? Then pick a matte-finish light gray color for your espresso cabinets and let the grains speak volumes. If you want a traditional kitchen, pair light gray hardware with a dark espresso cabinet, and use gold faucets and a dark granite countertop.
On the other hand, pair gray hardware with a light countertop, a white backsplash tile, and a rustic hardwood floor to look modern. Thus, gray hardware is a timeless choice and will pair gorgeously to curate different design styles.
Here are the best materials for gray cabinet handles and pulls:
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gray Plating
- Alloy Steel with Gray Polish
- Brushed Nickel handles and Pulls
- Ceramic Handles with Gray Paint
- Aluminum Handles and Pulls
- Satin Nickel Silver Cabinet Pulls
7. Transparent And Glossy Cabinet Hardware
Transparent knobs add more depth and sophistication to espresso cabinets and achieve the aesthetic of typical mid-century modern designs. They not only make the kitchen cabinet more bright and engaging but add a soft contrast with their high-gloss finish.
However, transparent hardware needs a lot of natural light to look lustrous and might seem uninteresting with dim light. Moreover, it is a brittle material that can break easily. So, you can go with sturdier acrylic knobs if you have children at home.
Kitchen hardware materials that look transparent:
- Acrylic (sturdy and budget-friendly with easy maintenance)
- Plastic (extremely affordable but may turn white with time)
8. Warm-Hearted Muted Burgundy Knobs
A classic combination of lighter burgundy color and espresso cabinets adds charm to your kitchen cabinetry and looks modern. The rich and muted accents of burgundy will gorgeously complement espresso stains and ooze a rustic feeling. You can even use a similar Cranberry color as a closer alternative to contrast dark espresso cabinets.
Finally, if you want a farmhouse kitchen, pair burgundy knobs with brass faucets, a marble countertop, and a beige or tan backsplash tile.
A list of the best materials for rustic burgundy knobs:
- Ceramic Knobs with a Burgundy Paint
- Fused Glass Knob with Burgundy Dye
- Painted Stainless Steel Handles
- Painted Wooden Knobs and Handles
9. Animated Pastel Yellow Knobs For Dark Kitchen Cabinets
Yellow and espresso are complementary colors, and they shape a lively and inviting kitchen together. Neutral pastel yellow softly accents an espresso kitchen cabinet and looks balanced. The color pairs effortlessly with your lower and wall cabinets but can be used as an accent color to catch attention for your kitchen island.
Nevertheless, it is a modern and trendy color that designs fresh and dramatic spaces with a Mediterranean kitchen design.
Here are the best materials for pastel yellow knobs:
- Ceramic Knobs with Pastel Yellow Finish
- Wooden Knobs Painted with Pastel Yellow Paint
- Transparent Glass Knobs with Muted Yellow Dye
- Mellow Yellow Leather Pulls
10. Vibrant Lime Knobs
Electric lime green will bring out the tones of espresso cabinets and make them more exciting and engaging. The combination adds dynamism to the kitchen space and looks modern. It mimics the natural palette of the countryside and thus, has fresh hues that accent your kitchen island powerfully.
However, the color might look naive and uninteresting when used with larger, tubular handles, and hence, it is best to pair it with smaller cabinet knobs that do not overpower the look.
Here are the best materials for lime knobs:
- Ceramic Knobs with Lime Paint
- Wooden Knobs Painted with Lime Color
- A Translucent Glass Knob with a Lime Dye
11. Lively Teal Knobs
Teal knobs catch the attention for your espresso cabinets and remain lively and fresh. Teal contrasts the dark espresso color and looks bright and uncluttered. Moreover, teal is a trendy color, and hence, it is a great choice to accent your kitchen island in a light, nautical style.
Here’s a catalog for the best materials for teal or turquoise hardware:
- Ceramic Knobs with a ‘Tantalizing Teal’ Paint by Sherwin Williams
- Crystal Glass Knob with Teal Dye
- Wooden Knobs finished with a Teal Resin
12. Exquisite Pastel Pink Knobs
Pastels are the trending colors of 2022. Their soft nature blends well with dark cabinets and tones them down. Pastel pink is one such accent color that adds a light contrast to espresso cabinets and achieves the organic feel of countryside kitchen design.
Alternatively, you can combine your pastel pink knobs with a golden siding to look luxurious and art-deco in style, or add glass panels and a quartz countertop to curate a modern look.
Here are the best materials for pastel pink knobs:
- Ceramic Knobs with a Light Pink Finish
- Wooden Knobs Painted with Pastel Pink Paint
- Zinc Alloy Handles And Knobs with a Pink Marble Pattern
- Rose Quartz Door Knobs
Should Your Faucet And Cabinet Hardware Be Of The Same Color?
Yes, it is recommended to match the hardware paint color with the faucet for a cohesive look. For example, if you pick a silver handle for your espresso shaker cabinets, we suggest you use similar chrome or zinc alloy finishes and not a matte one that might look dull with silver.
What Is The Ideal Size For A Cabinet Pull?
Hardware size largely depends on your comfort and usability, but it’s recommended to choose a pull size of roughly 3-3/4″ to 5″ center to center.
We agree that espresso color builds a dark kitchen cabinet that completes its style statement on its own. But, the appropriate color hardware will further nullify the shortcomings of this dark wood cabinet and make it look organic, refined, and modern.
The hardware color will either make or break a design, and hence, it becomes crucial to choose the correct hardware. Espresso is a neutral color and will pair well with many different colors, just like a walnut cabinet. So, if you are looking for hardware colors for your walnut cabinets, we have something special for you.