Cherry cabinets have been a staple for Mission, shaker, and traditional kitchens for a long time. Its rich colors and ingrained patterns can gorgeously spruce up any kitchen decor. However, when it comes to cabinets, the hardware finishes play a crucial role in the overall design. So, this guide will help you finalize a perfect cabinet hardware color for your cherry cabinets.
Cherry wood has a reddish hue in itself. Hence, it will gorgeously pair with various metallic and accent hardware colors. So, what are these colors? Let’s find out! Here’s a list of 12 trendy hardware colors that will give your cherry cabinets the update they deserve.
12 Trendiest Hardware Colors That Pair Seamlessly With Cherry Cabinets
1. Tepid Orange-Gold Handles, Cabinet Pulls, And Knobs
If you want a traditional yet classy kitchen, orange-gold hardware is your best bet. It complements the warm undertones of cherry kitchen cabinets and offers an industrial look with its crisp metal finish. This cabinet hardware contrasts simple chocolate cherry cabinets with its shine and takes you back to the vibe of Art-Deco design.
Orange-gold looks its best with tall, cylindrical, and slender bar pulls and squarish knobs, but you can pair it with curved wire handles or metal chains for a Mission-style kitchen. Finally, complete the look with a granite countertop and similar orange-gold faucet hardware.
A list of materials to embrace a golden touch:
- Polished Brass and Nickel Handles
- Carbon Steel Pulls finished with Golden Champagne Plating
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gold Copper Brushing
- Copper Knobs with Brushed Brass Finish
- Aluminum Handles with Gold Oxidation Finish (budget-friendly)
2. Serene Rose-Gold Pulls And Handles
Rose-gold is a comparatively toned golden color that looks neutral and transitional with wax-stained cherry cabinets. Polished rose-gold cabinet hardware adds a softer accent to chocolate cherry cabinets and looks modern and luxurious.
Gold hardware adds royalty to simple cherry wood, and its slight gloss makes cherry kitchen cabinets bright and welcoming. Rose-gold looks the best with statement handles and pulls. So, avoid pairing it with smaller knobs that get subdued easily. Finally, design a farmhouse kitchen with a white marble countertop and stainless steel appliances.
Here are some materials for rose-gold handles and cabinet pulls:
- Stainless Steel Handles and Pulls with a Brushed Rose-Gold Finish
- Zinc Alloy Handles Custom-Painted with a Rose-Gold Paint by Sherwin Williams
- Oil Rubbed Bronze Pulls
- Copper Handles with a Satin Finish
3. Vintage Tan-Colored Cabinet Hardware
Tan is a dark yellowish-brown hardware color that styles a warm, eclectic cherry wood kitchen cabinet. However, tan hardware has a slightly weathered look, and hence, it looks rustic with lighter chocolate cherry cabinets. Moreover, tan hardware changes the design style of your kitchen with lighting.
Tan paint looks blackish in low light and designs a stately farmhouse kitchen, whereas it shines like bronze in bright light and looks transitional. Alternatively, you can use dark tan-colored, oil-rubbed bronze handles with lighter cherry cabinets for a traditional kitchen.
Here are the best materials for tan cabinet handles and pulls:
- Bronze Knobs and Pulls
- Brushed Brass Handles
- Aluminum Handles with Brown Oxidation Finish (cost-effective)
- Oxidized Zinc Alloy Handles
4. Elegant Silver Handles And Cabinet Pulls
Silver hardware is a great choice to modernize traditional cherry cabinets and design a minimal Craftsman-style kitchen. Silver tones down the warm hues of a cherry wood cabinet and looks refined and lavish. Polished silver looks the best with long, slender handles that streamline a modern kitchen and ooze sophistication.
Weathered silver is very similar to bronze and looks good on smaller knobs. Moreover, it is a bit of a transitional color, and hence, avoid using it as an accent color for your kitchen island. Instead, use it for your lower cabinets with a warm countertop to design a farmhouse kitchen.
Here are some materials that complement a silver finish:
- Stainless Steel and Polished Nickel Handles
- Zinc Alloy Handles with a Silver Finish
- Brushed Satin Nickel Knobs
5. Adaptable Light-Gray Handles And Pulls
Light-gray is another neutral color for your lower cabinets if you’re a fan of a minimalistic style. The gray hardware looks traditional with blackish cherry wood and modern with reddish Brazilian cherry wood, making it a timeless choice for kitchen cabinet hardware. Moreover, it breaks the monotony of warm cherry wood and stands out vividly.
Light gray hardware will look its best with stainless steel appliances and a light marble countertop in high-contrast kitchens.
Here are the best materials for gray cabinet handles and pulls:
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gray Plating
- Alloy Steel with Gray Polish
- Brushed Nickel handles and Pulls
- Ceramic Handles with Gray Paint
- Aluminum Handles and Pulls
- Satin Nickel Silver Cabinet Pulls
6. Imperial Black Cabinet Hardware – Handles And Knobs
A combination of red and black has set the trend for a long time. Hence, it is no wonder that the reddish wood pairs exceptionally well with black hardware. Black handles will strike a powerful contrast with a cherry kitchen cabinet, adding more depth to your sophisticated kitchen.
It is a modern hardware color that pairs well with all shades of cherry wood cabinets – white-washed, black, tan, or espresso and completes its look with minimal accessories.
However, black is a solemn color and might look overwhelming on cramped upper and side cabinets. Hence, you can use smaller, round knobs to neutralize the effect. Alternatively, limit black paint as an accent color for your kitchen island to balance the look.
Here are some of the materials that support a stately black finish:
- Stainless Steel Handles finished with Black Dye
- Black Curved Wire Pulls
- Zinc Alloy handles with Black Oxide Finish
7. Clean White Handles, Pulls, And Knobs
White is a crisp, clean color that declutters the heavy texture of cherry wood and offers a smooth break. It balances the saturation of cherry wood and makes kitchen cabinets look more bright and appealing. Furthermore, it strikes a heavy contrast with red cherry wood but maintains the simplicity of a country-side kitchen with light, Chilean cherry wood.
Here are the best materials for white hardware:
- Plastic Handle with a White Finish (budget-friendly, but not long-lasting)
- White Ceramic Handles and Pulls (cost-effective)
- Aluminum Handles and Knobs with a White Finish
- A Wooden Cabinet Knob with a White Paint
- White Porcelain Knobs
- Zinc-Alloy Handles with White Finish
8. Uniform Dark Brown Drawer Cups And Knobs
Dark brown cabinet hardware designs a crude farmhouse kitchen with cherry wood. Brown complements the tones of Chilean cherry wood and looks cohesive and monochrome. Larger brown handles and pulls look traditional with cherry cabinets, whereas smaller knobs adapt to the minimalism of shaker-style.
Dark brown pairs well with all shades of cherry wood – reddish, black, and light, making it a handy color option. Finally, use a dark granite countertop and golden faucets to complete a countryside kitchen.
Here are the best browns for cherry kitchen cabinetry:
- Oil-rubbed Bronze Handles and Pulls
- Brown-Colored Leather Pulls
- Walnut Wood Knobs and Handles (Dark Brown)
- Natural Wood Knobs and Pulls with a Walnut Finish
- Ceramic Knobs Painted with a Brown Color
- A Cast Iron Door Knob with a Rustic Brown Finish
9. Sparkling Transparent Cabinet Hardware
Transparent hardware is a great choice to boost the visual appeal of mid-century modern kitchens. It makes a kitchen cabinet look more bright and appealing in no time. Transparent hardware, especially glass, gives a shiny glitter when light falls on it and offers a classy look in kitchen spaces.
This cabinet hardware pairs well with all shades of cherry wood – light, dark or reddish and looks retro in design. However, it is brittle, and you must use it with the utmost caution if you have a high-traffic kitchen.
Kitchen hardware materials that look transparent:
- Acrylic (sturdy and budget-friendly with easy maintenance)
- Plastic (extremely affordable but may turn white with time)
10. Serene Pewter Green Handles And Knobs
Pewter is a grayish version of green, and it offers a subtle contrast to look trendy and sophisticated. The paint has slight green tones that balance the warm tones of cherry cabinets and help achieve an even look. Generally, pewter looks its best on tubular pulls and flat handles, but smaller, round knobs will look equally gorgeous on your shaker cabinets.
Here are the best materials for pewter green knobs and pulls:
- Ceramic Handles With Pewter-Green Paint
- Brushed Nickel Handles With A Chrome Polish
- Glass Knobs Fused with Dark Green Dye
- Leather Cabinet Door Pulls
11. Vibrant Royal Blue Knobs and Pulls
Royal blue hardware is an excellent option if you want to add a powerful accent color to your cherry cabinets. Royal blue is a saturated paint color that adds drama to simple cherry cabinets and makes them more exciting. It strikes a powerful contrast with red cherry wood but looks more cohesive with dark cherry cabinets.
It’s undoubtedly a fantastic hardware color to steal the limelight for your kitchen island, but it might overpower the look when used on the whole cabinetry. So, it is always better to mix and match metal hardware with royal blue knobs.
Here are the best materials for royal blue knobs:
- Ceramic Knobs with a ‘Loyal Blue’ Paint by Sherwin Williams
- Fused Glass Knob
- Blue Crystal Drawer Knobs
- Stainless Steel Knobs with a Royal Blue Paint
12. Flashy Purple Knobs and Pulls
Purple is a powerful color to accent your kitchen island and add a rich, luxurious feel to the space. Purple neutralizes the bright red tones of cherry wood and designs a balanced eclectic kitchen.
However, purple can easily overwhelm the look of your cabinetry, so you can use the plum-purple, a grayish option of the same color for your upper and lower cabinets for a sober appeal.
Here are the best materials for dark purple knobs and handles:
- Ceramic Knobs and Handles with a ‘Fully Purple’ Paint by Sherwin Williams
- Glass Knob Fused with Dark Purple Dye
- Stainless Steel Handles with a Dark Purple Finish
- Natural Amethyst Stone Knobs
What Hardware Shape Looks The Best On Your Cherry Cabinetry?
The hardware shape largely depends on the user preference and comfort, but some colors will look better with specific shapes. Go with statement handles and pulls if you pick metallic colors such as gold or silver for your hardware. On the other hand, if you choose accent colors like blue or pewter green, go with smaller knobs that will balance the look.
Tips To Choosing The Right Hardware Color For Your Cherry Cabinetry
- Choose black hardware when in doubt. Red and black has been the most tried and tested combination for ages and is perfect if you do not have time to explore the kitchen design.
- If you have a reddish cherry cabinet, choose orange-gold, rose-gold, or black hardware to stand out.
- Choose pewter green, royal blue, black or silver hardware for light cherry stain colors.
Cherry cabinets were a timeless choice for the versatile kitchens of the 90s, and no wonder they are making a comeback in home depot. Traditionally, homeowners used weathered metal hardware with cherry wood, but in these trendy times, it’s time to go a step beyond rustic metal and explore accent hardware for a modern appeal.
Given the flexibility of cherry wood, it will pair off seamlessly with both accent and neutral colors to boost its visual appeal, just like a maple cabinet. So, if you are looking for hardware color ideas for your maple cabinets, we are here to help.