A beige kitchen exhibits an engaging and exciting neutral kitchen. Beige cabinets can adapt to various designs and look clean and clutter-free. Thus, interior experts predict that beige will stay in trend for a long time due to its versatility. But is it possible to stand different from the rest and curate a trend-setting beige kitchen? Try using an appropriate hardware color.
Indeed! Choosing one color out of so many hardware colors available in the market is confusing. But, we have analyzed some color combinations that can easily steal the limelight for your beige kitchen.
Here are 12 trendy hardware colors, along with some hardware design tips that convert your simple beige cabinets to dynamic home decor.
Hardware Colors That Complement Beige Cabinetry
1. Imperial Black Handles, Pulls, And Knobs
Black kitchen cabinet hardware is the first and foremost choice for modern beige cabinets. Black adds a dynamic pop of color to beige and designs contemporary kitchen cabinets with intense contrast. However, black hardware requires similar kitchen accessories like dark granite countertops for balance.
Moreover, it is better to limit black hardware for your upper cabinets or kitchen islands to help create more focus and avoid overwhelming hardware. However, if you want the same black hardware for your entire cabinetry, choose smaller cabinet knobs that appear neutral and friendlier in comparison to handles.
Finally, add a bright white or gray backsplash for a typical farmhouse kitchen, or choose a turquoise backsplash that designs a coastal house.
Here are some of the materials for a matte black finish:
- Stainless Steel Handles finished with Black Dye
- Black Curved Wire Pulls with Light Beige Cabinets
- Zinc Alloy handles with Black Oxide Finish
2. Classical Dark-Brown Hardware
Dark brown hardware belongs to the same color family as that of beige, and hence, it looks cohesive with a softer contrast. It is a similar neutral color that looks elegant and complements a Scandinavian kitchen design.
Generally, brown hardware looks its best on a cabinet pull, but you can use cabinet knobs and drawer pulls for shaker-style kitchen cabinets.
Here are the best brown materials for beige cabinets:
- Oil-rubbed Bronze Handles and Pulls
- Brown-Colored Leather Pulls
- Stained Woods – Oak, Maple, Sycamore, and Beech
- Ceramic Knobs Painted with a Dark Brown Color
- A Cast Iron Door Knob with a Rustic Brown Finish
3. Congenial Copper Handles And Knobs
Copper is a warm accent paint color that glorifies beige kitchen cabinets hardware and looks luxurious. It is a versatile color that looks traditional with granite countertops, transitional with wooden countertops and white appliances, and modern with white kitchen accessories.
Moreover, it is a friendlier color that subtly accents dark beige kitchen cabinets and looks cohesive.
Here are the best materials for copper knobs and handles:
- Stainless Steel Knobs and Pulls with a Brushed Copper Finish
- Zinc Alloy Handles Custom-Painted with a Copper Paint by Sherwin Williams for light beige kitchen cabinets
- An Oil Rubbed Bronze Knob or Pull
- Copper Handles and Knobs with a Satin Finish
4. Opulent Golden Handles, Knobs, And Pulls
Golden is a warm hardware color that looks traditional with beige and designs a rustic farmhouse kitchen. Golden looks cohesive in color, but its shine contrasts beige kitchen cabinets subtly. Thus, it offers a chic metal finish that looks more luxurious and bright with beige.
A golden cabinet pull pairs the best with rustic beige color, but it provides a striking contrast that might overwhelm modern home decor. Alternatively, you can choose smaller golden knobs that accent beige softly and balance the look.
A list of materials that strike it rich:
- Polished Brass Hardware
- Polished Nickel Handles
- Carbon Steel Pulls finished with Golden Champagne Plating
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gold Copper Brushing
- A Copper Knob with Brushed Brass Finish
- Aluminum Handles with Gold Oxidation Finish (budget-friendly)
5. Ethereal Silver Hardware For Darker Beige Kitchen Cabinets
Silver is an adaptable hardware color that blends seamlessly with beige to design a look of your choice. Polished silver hardware modernizes beige cabinets, while weathered silver finishes look rustic and traditional.
Silver hardware looks the best with slender handles, but you can use a smaller knob with weathered silver to provide a softer accent.
Here are the best materials for versatile silver hardware:
- Stainless Steel and Brushed Nickel Handles
- Zinc Alloy Handles with a Silver Finish
- A Brushed Satin Nickel Knob
6. Adaptable Dark Gray Handles And Pulls
Gray hardware pairs gorgeously with all shades of beige kitchen cabinets – desert sand, khaki, and buff and look rustic and slightly transitional. Generally, charcoal grays look the best with neutral beige, while warm grays pair well with sand-toned beige. Nevertheless, it offers a softer contrast to beige kitchens and looks neutral and balanced.
Here are the best materials for gray cabinet handles and pulls:
- Zinc Alloy Handles with Gray Plating
- An Alloy Steel Knob with Gray Polish
- Brushed Nickel handles and Pulls
- Ceramic Handles with Gray Paint
- Aluminum Handles and Pulls
- Satin Nickel Silver Cabinet Pulls
7. Sparkling Transparent Knobs
Sparkling, transparent knobs are among the quickest and cheapest ways to rejuvenate your beige cabinetry into a bright and sophisticated kitchen. Glass cabinet knobs pair seamlessly with all shades of beige and look new-classical in design.
However, avoid using glass knobs if you have a heavy traffic kitchen or need sturdier hardware that is durable. In such a case, you can combine metal hardware with a glass topping that remains shiny and sturdy.
A list of materials that appear transparent:
- Polished Glass Knob
- Acrylic (sturdy and budget-friendly)
- Plastic (cheapest, but appears white with time)
8. Bright Cherry Red Knobs
Red knobs raise the style quotient of otherwise monotonous beige kitchen cabinets and add depth to kitchen design. Red hardware portrays a strong contrast against beige and looks contemporary in design. A glossy red finish looks the best with beige, and you can achieve such a finish by repainting your existing metal handles.
Alternatively, you can even use maroon or burgundy handles that look more composed and design a transitional kitchen. Either way, complete the look with a bright backsplash and a darker rainforest green marble countertop.
Here are the best materials for red knobs and handles:
- Ceramic Knob With Red Paint
- Stainless Steel Handles with Red Paint Finish
- Glass Knob fused with Red Dye
9. Peppy Turquoise Knobs
Turquoise color neutralizes the slight earthiness of beige and makes kitchen cabinets more aesthetic and engaging. Turquoise is a modern hardware color that breaks down the monotony of beige and adds dynamism. Moreover, it accents beige softly and designs a clean and crisp nautical kitchen.
Here’s a catalog for the best materials for teal or turquoise hardware:
- Ceramic Knobs with a ‘Calypso’ Paint by Sherwin Williams
- Crystal Glass Knob with Turquoise Dye
- Wooden Knobs finished with Turquoise Paint or Resin
10. Stately Emerald Green Knobs
Emerald green is a royal and luxurious hardware color that coordinates with beige kitchen cabinets and strikes a balance. Emerald green hardware spruces up a typical beige cabinet, whereas beige tones down the bright saturation of emerald green. They blend flawlessly and curate a bohemian kitchen design.
However, emerald green is a vibrant color. Hence, it works the best with smaller knobs and may overpower the design if used on larger handles. So, choose wisely.
Here are some vibrant materials that offer an emerald green finish:
- Ceramic Knobs with a ‘Hunter Green’ Paint by Benjamin Moore
- Fused Glass Cabinet Knobs with Dark Green Dye
- A Sliced Stone Agate Knob or Drawer Pull
- Metal Knobs Topped with a Green Marble Hardware Finish
11. Chic Lime Knobs
Lime is a saturated yellowish-green color that adds a powerful contrast to beige and looks inviting, appealing, and dynamic. Lime brightens up a beige kitchen cabinet and designs a peppy, fusion-styled kitchen.
However, this accent color might look naive when used on larger handles, and hence, it is best to pair it with smaller knobs.
Here are the best materials for lime knobs:
- Ceramic Handles with Lime Paint
- Wooden Knobs Painted with Lime Color
- A Translucent Glass Knob with a Lime Dye
12. Vibrant Orange Knobs
Orange is a saturated kitchen cabinet color that dramatically contrasts neutral beige cabinets and enhances visual interest. Pumpkin orange hardware designs a modern, fusion-style kitchen, whereas a Burnt Orange looks rustic and designs a farmhouse kitchen.
Orange hardware is available in both knobs and handles, but it is best to use smaller knobs with bright Pumpkin Oranges as they can dominate the design. On the contrary, you can use Burnt Oranges with other hardware shapes as they are neutral and offset the look.
Here Are Some Supporting Materials For Orange Hardware:
- Ceramic Knobs Painted with a Bright Pumpkin Orange or Burnt Orange
- Orange Leather Drawer Pulls
- Natural Agate Stone Knobs
- Crystal Glass Cabinet Knobs with Orange Dye
- Wooden Knobs painted with Orange Paint
Which Accent Hardware Color Looks the Best With Beige Cabinets?
Beige cabinetry has light undertones of brown. So, it works the best with similar warm colors like maroon, red, orange and looks cohesive. However, if you want a dramatic and modern kitchen with a pop of color, a cool color scheme of turquoise or emerald green will suit you best.
Tips To Choosing The Correct Hardware Color For Beige Cabinets:
- Use the same finishes throughout your cabinetry. You can choose different colors for your lower cabinets and kitchen island, but ensure to use the same finish. For example, if your kitchen island has glossy orange hardware, you can use black hardware for your upper cabinet, but do not use a matte finish and vice versa.
- As a thumb rule, choose larger handles with metallic colors and smaller knobs with accent colors to balance the look.
- Consider the color of the other hardware – sinks, faucets, and appliances, and choose a hardware color that syncs with them.
Beige cabinetry is suitable for a clean and clutter-free kitchen that stays elegant and looks classy. It combines gorgeously with many cabinet hardware colors that curate a different kitchen design. With the appropriate color hardware, you can either blend in seamlessly as in a traditional or transitional kitchen or create a pop of color like a modern kitchen.
Beige color is very similar to a cream color, and both of them have brownish accents that pair well with both accent and neutral colors. So, if you want to revamp your cream cabinets, check out our list of hardware colors for cream cabinets for some unique ideas.