Red bricks have been a staple for traditional and colonial houses for a long time, and their rich, warm textures can certainly spruce up the exterior. However, a garage door can modernize your home and transform its look. So, this guide will help you find the right garage door that revamps your red brick house and makes it a modern hub.
A red brick house is highly versatile and will pair well with various garage door paint colors from the color wheel to curate a look of your choice. So, what are these colors? Let’s find out. Here are 14 top-notch garage door color picks that will help enhance the curb appeal of your red brick home, along with some FAQs to make selection easier.
Neutral Garage Door Colors To Blend Seamlessly With Your Red Brick Siding
1. A Generous White Garage Door Color
A crisp and clean white garage door looks absolutely gorgeous with red brick siding and declutters its heavy texture, offering a smooth break with a lovely Georgian look. Moreover, white carriage doors balance the saturation of red brick and make exteriors bright. They add a soft and friendly tone that gives a lovely cottage-like feel to your red brick house.
Generally, a high-gloss white latex paint brings a shiny and contemporary feel to your steel overhead doors. But, if you have a wooden garage door, choose matte, white-wash colors for a rustic, farmhouse look. Then, add a warm white trim color and dark brown hardware to accentuate it further.
Here are some of the best shades for a white garage door:
- Warm White: A garage door with yellowish-white paint like ‘Arcade white’ by Sherwin Williams is an excellent option for a traditional or mansion-like exterior.
- Neutral White: A shade of neutral white like Benjamin Moore’s ‘White Opulence’ adds a lovely cottage-like look to the red brick house and looks transitional in style.
- Cool White: A cooler white garage door looks modern and industrial and contrasts red brick with a soft accent. Benjamin Moore’s ‘Snow White’ is the best paint for this purpose.
2. Stately Black Garage Doors
Use black doors if you want high-end, formal, and dominant garages that quickly catch attention. A black door adds a powerful contrast to lighter red brick houses but adds a luxurious flair that looks timeless and contemporary.
However, since black is a slightly overpowering color, it’s advisable to use thinner steel sectional doors for the right balance. Besides, you can also add elegant steel hardware and garage door opener and a supporting white trim to elevate the overall look.
A list of the most conventional shades for black garage doors:
- Cool Black: A bluish-black garage door gives an imperial mansion-like feel to the red brick house exterior and looks luxurious with minimal accessories.
- Neutral Jet Black: Jet black looks sleek and ultramodern and designs minimal Craftsman-style garage doors. Benjamin Moore’s ‘Universal Black’ is a go-to option for this shade.
3. A Resourceful Gray Garage Door Color
A gray overhead door is neither muted nor too dramatic, and hence, it aids a balanced, timeless aesthetic and adapts to various design styles from traditional to modern. Generally, darker and warmer shades of gray add a vintage look to the garage door, whereas cooler, lighter shades boast a contemporary appeal and more visual depth.
Overall, gray is a perfect neutral color to guarantee a flawless, sophisticated exterior and add soft contrast to red brick despite the design style. But, of course, the idea here is to match the right undertone of gray to achieve a layered look.
Here are some of the recommended shades for gray garage door by Behr Paints:
- Brownish Gray: A garage door with a brownish ‘Gray Squirrel’ paint takes a Mediterranean look with a darker red brick house and a polished brass garage door opener.
- Cool Gray: A bluish ‘Whale Gray’ shutter color adds a lovely Georgian look with a cool white trim and stainless steel door hardware.
4. A Refined Taupe Shutter Color
Try a neutral color taupe garage door if you are looking for a casual and friendlier nuance. The mid-warm tones of taupe look cohesive with warmer red brick but add a depth that makes the house look contemporary or mid-century modern. Generally, taupe adds a soft accent to red brick, but you can use an alternative greige for a farmhouse exterior design.
Here is a trending shade of taupe you can try:
- Brownish Taupe: A brownish taupe-colored wooden folding door is an excellent choice for a natural look with ranch-style houses. Benjamin Moore’s ‘Rustic Taupe’ is a great color option for this shade.
5. A Supple Cream Garage Door Color
A Tudor-styled, slide-to-side cream garage door contrasts the rich tones of red brick or painted brick and designs simple but modern Craftsman houses with a casual, easygoing vibe. Moreover, cream shutters do not steal the focus from your red brick but instead add harmony and warmth for more charm and curb appeal.
Further, you can also explore accessories like oiled-bronze hardware and door openers to uplift the rustic vibes of cream garage doors.
Here is the best shade of cream by Behr Paints:
- Warm Cream: A garage door with brownish cream paint like ‘Cream Puff’ looks more cohesive with red brick and designs an eclectic exterior with antique bronze hardware.
6. Natural Wood Shutters
Regal and natural, a crude wooden garage door offers a deep, grainy look to traditional Cape-cod homes and syncs gorgeously with the textured look of red brick. Though wooden doors add a slightly monochrome look with red brick, you can add more visual depth by pairing darker woods with a lighter red or orange brick and vice versa.
Additionally, you can finish it with different stain colors. For example, pick an orangish, maple-like stain for a lovely villa-like red brick home, or go with a grayish tint for more contemporary appeal. Similarly, choose green stains for an eclectic home, or prefer transparent lacquers if you have grain-rich woods like walnut and hickory.
A list of the best wood colors for your wooden garage door:
- Red: A deep red oak or red cherry wood shutter takes on a minimal and monochrome style with red brick and adds a lovely Victorian appeal to the house exterior.
- Beige: A soft Alder or White Oak garage door looks more transitional and airy with a Craftsman-style exterior design.
- Dark brown: A darker mahogany or walnut wood garage door looks more formal and traditional, especially with an orangish-red brick and shiny gold hardware.
7. An Enchanting Brown Garage Door Color
A deep dark brown, or a softer sand-like brown, is your best bet for a natural look with organic Ranch or Tuscan-style houses. Though brown adopts a monochrome color scheme with red brick, it adds an earthy contrast to typical countryside home designs. Additionally, you can play with golden hardware and accent front doors for an up-scaled exterior.
Here are the best shades of brown paint for your garage door:
- Dark Brown: A steel sectional door with dark brown color such as ‘Authentic Brown’ by Behr Paints looks shiny, modern, and eclectic in style, especially with aged steel hardware.
- Coffee Brown: A coffee-colored garage door adds an earthy, homey feel with red brick and designs simple farmhouse exteriors.
Accent Garage Door Colors To Revamp Your Red Brick House
8. Organic Sage Green Garage Doors
A sage green garage door pulls off a neutral, natural tone that provides a smooth break from the heavy texture of the red brick. A trendy option for the garage door of quirky Bohemian houses, the color scheme brings an earthy appeal to the door and does not appear alien. Overall, it adds a soft contrast and brings a contemporary vibe to the exterior.
Check out the best shade of sage green for your shutters:
- A Light Sage Green: A wooden garage door with a light sage green paint like Benjamin Moore’s ‘Silver Sage’ designs industrial exteriors when completed with stainless steel hardware.
9. An Adaptable Dark Green Garage Door Color
Exotic, natural, and dynamic dark green garage doors are perfect with the crisp, homey appearance of typical Ranch style houses. A dark green garage door adds a color blast to a red brick house while designing many styles like eclectic, fusion, and new-classical with ease.
You can add a lovely traditional vibe by using a shade of dark bluish-green to paint your wooden garage door. And, if you have a sectional garage door in steel, use a dark leaf-green for an industrial appeal. Additionally, you can add stainless steel or a cool white garage door opener to complete the look.
Pick this gorgeous dark green by Benjamin Moore:
- Bluish Green: A bluish-green garage door looks formal and achieves stately Baroque exteriors when completed with shiny brass hardware. Benjamin Moore’s ‘Hunter Green’ is a suitable option for this shade.
10. Cohesive Red Shutters For The Garage
Red is a dynamic accent color. The duo of red garage doors and red brick does give a monochrome look but adds a peppy touch that modernizes a red brick house. Brighter cherry red garage doors add a subtle contrast to an orangish-red brick, while a deep, maroon shade looks more cohesive and dramatic.
However, if you have bright red brick siding, it’s advisable to go with a muted red roll-up garage door for a cozy but shiny exterior.
Here are the top shades of red paint from the color wheel:
- Cranberry Red: A rustic, cranberry red garage door like ‘Red Clover’ by Sherwin Williams with bronze hardware achieves a farmhouse look with a dark red brick house.
- Cherry Red: A bright cherry red garage door curates a powerful color blast with the red brick house and curates a vibrant, eclectic exterior design.
- Maroon: A dark maroon garage door looks monochrome with a red brick siding but designs dominant, Baroque style red brick homes.
11. A Verdant Orange Garage Door Color
Orange and red form a warm color scheme, and hence, this duo results in a cozy and cohesive vibe with a gorgeous farmhouse design style. Burnt oranges balance the saturation of bright reds and look balanced and composed. Hence, a burnt orange garage door will offer a rustic cottage-style vibe with red brick and boost the curb appeal.
Here is the best shade of orange to go for:
- Brick Orange: A rustic brick orange garage door will blend effortlessly with a red brick house and offer an earthy look with white trim and simple brown hardware.
12. Radiant Yellow Garage Doors
One of the quickest ways to revitalize a monotonous red brick siding is to add a bright, yellow overhead door. Yellow garage doors bring a sunny, cheerful vibe to the exterior while making the house look Tuscan or Mediterranean in style.
Moreover, though a yellow garage door looks modern with a red brick siding, you can curate a farmhouse aesthetic with muted, pastel yellow shutters or a dark yellow ochre color door.
Here are some trending shades of yellow for the garage door:
- Deep yellow: A deep yellow garage door like Benjamin Moore’s ‘Sunshine yellow’ looks electric and Mediterranean with an orangish brick siding.
- Pastel yellow: A muted, pastel yellow looks bright and clean but adds a subtle pop of color to a dark red brick house with a countryside exterior design.
13. A Tranquil Blue Garage Door Color
Trendy blue carriage shutters tone down the bright saturation of red brick and add a beautiful coastal, suburban feeling to your red brick house. The color might look casual and off-beat, but different shades of blue curate a different look with red brick.
Generally, a pastel blue garage door adds a nautical vibe, but a bright cerulean shutter looks Georgian and transitional. Thus, a blue garage door is a fool-proof option for many exterior styles, from new-classical and traditional, to modern and nautical. Hence, it is a timeless color for the garage door.
Here are some of the best shades for a blue garage door color:
- Cerulean blue: Garage doors with a cerulean blue paint like ‘Loyal Blue’ of Sherwin Williams look transitional with bright white trim and shiny brass hardware.
- Pastel Blue: A soft, pastel blue garage door color adds a subtle pop of color to red brick siding and looks refreshing and bright with a nautical exterior design.
14. An Imperial Navy Garage Door Color
An ideal choice for dominant and traditional Cape-cod homes, a navy blue garage door strikes a powerful accent with a red-brick siding and looks formal and composed. It adds more visual depth and oozes luxury, boosting the curb appeal. Moreover, it pulls off a balanced Baroque look, especially with lavish golden hardware and a warm white trim.
Try this shade of navy blue for a lovely traditional ambiance:
- Grayish navy: A grayish navy garage door adds a regal, colonial exterior with red brick and rustic bronze hardware. Benjamin Moore’s ‘Westcott navy’ is a popular paint for this shade.
What Is The Best Paint Finish For Garage Doors?
If you have a light red brick house, you can choose semi-gloss or high-gloss finishes to curate a shiny, industrial look, while matte paint finishes look more layered with a dark brick or painted brick siding. Additionally, it is advisable to pick matte finishes with neutral garage doors and glossy finishes with accent color garage doors.
Do You Need To Match The Color Of The Front Door Shutters With The Garage Door?
While there is no fixed rule, matching the front door and garage door color is better to look more cohesive and blended. But, if you are using a red-color garage door that looks monochrome with your red brick house, you can add a contrasting color front door for more visual appeal.
Should The Garage Door Color Be Lighter Or Darker Than The Red Brick House?
Generally, a lighter garage door color looks the best with a saturated red brick siding, but you can use darker garage doors to add more pop if you have a reddish-orange brick.
Though a red brick house offers a rustic, textured look to the home exterior, the overall design style depends on the garage door color. Generally, lighter, neutral shades like white and cream look more composed with a dark red siding, but dynamic accent color garage doors are the key to a modern and vibrant exterior design with a light red siding.
With the various garage door color options listed above, you will easily achieve your dream red brick house exterior. But, if you have a dynamic yellow house, we have curated some exquisite garage door color options for a yellow house that you can check for more inspiration.