While many homeowners prefer white cabinets, some are on the darker side of the kitchen cabinet world. Darker tones like black warm up the kitchen space and have a striking appearance. Black cabinets have made a comeback in 2022, and thanks to their luxurious and captivating look, they fit both contemporary and minimalist kitchen designs. But when it comes to decorating your kitchen with black cabinets, it gets pretty tricky.
So if you’re searching for timeless countertop colors for your black cabinets, your hunt ends here. Take a look at these 24 exquisite color and material combinations that will remodel your kitchen and give it a timeless look.
24 Best Countertop Colors & Materials for your Black Cabinets
Top 7 Sturdy Granite Color Options for Black Cabinets
Granite always tops the list of materials for countertops. Why? Because it can withstand spillage that comes in a busy kitchen and is extremely durable. Apart from its elevated functionality, granites also have a prominent appearance with luxurious, veiny patterns making it ideal for pairing with your black cabinets.
When choosing the granite countertop color for your black cabinets, choices can seem endless. After extensive research, we bring you top granite colors for your black cabinetry.
1. Coral: The muted peachy hue gets along splendidly with black cabinets, giving a nostalgic tint to the kitchen space. The warm pairing of these two will embrace vulnerability, bringing feelings of comfort and calmness.
2. Pastel Pink: Some pinks stand out and seek attention. Conversely, when teamed with black, pastels pink offer a sober yet elegant look. The duo can carry confidence, grace, and allure in any space.
3. White: Bright white, in general, is capable of making your space seem big. Whites in granite will give bold accents to your black cabinets. The pair of stark contrasts will provide your white countertop kitchen with a timeless Parisian cafe feel.
4. Violet: The shades of violet embodies traditional alliance with royalty. If that is what you’re searching for, get a darker shade of violet color spectrum that perfectly harmonizes with black cabinets.
5. Yellow: Black cabinets allow you to experiment with any fun color you’ve wanted to play with. Why not choose yellow? It’s the color of joy, adding brightness to even the smallest kitchen and giving a chic look.
6. Dark Gray: If you want something on a moderately less monochromatic palette, Dark gray is the color for you. Dark gray granite weaved with black cabinetry can top the list of contemporary designs, further adding visual interests to the kitchen.
7. Black: Elegant, rustic, and bold would be the three words to describe this top-notch collaboration black countertop and black cabinets. Black granite countertops bring out creativity and give a timeless cohesive look.
Here are a few of our favorite picks for types of granite countertops that go with black cabinets:
1. Moon White Granite: Moon white granite has stunning delicate grains, and the intricate swirl makes them a statement piece in itself. Choosing this would be going beyond functionality.
2. Astoria Granite: In subtle contrast to the black cabinetry, Astoria granite would be a little shocking to the eye, which comes in a soothing hue of beige.
3. Alaska: Even with the limited lighting, Alaska can maximize the exciting luminaire with its natural ability to be more reflective. Pick this if you like bright kitchen space.
4. Black Galaxy: If the all-black theme for your kitchen design feels too dark, try softening it with black galaxy’s shimmery gold. They are chosen for their polished dramatic flecks.
Top 5 Marble Colors that Blend well with Black Cabinets
Not talking about marble when designing countertops is nearly impossible. Marble with dark black cabinets reflects pure elegance and luxury. Apart from its beauty, it is heat resistant, standing up well against the hot plates and pots. If you’ve chosen marble but are lost picking the right color, here are a few of our favorites to match with black cabinets.
1. Dark Red: Black cabinets and a red marble countertop add all the bold personality one needs. This duo is for the contemporary kitchen. Striking a pop of color with the countertop can spice up even the dullest kitchen space.
2. Gray Concrete: Gray is the most popular color for 2022, as a cool neutral hue. Make black cabinets and gray collars to achieve a rustic feel in the kitchen. The shades of concrete with good lights will also warm up the kitchen theme.
3. Purple: Color for a unique theme, purple countertops are a vivid and exciting hue to pair with black cabinets. Bright purple is also said to stimulate more hunger, making it a wise option to choose.
4. Brown: Brown countertops invite warmth to the kitchen. Black cabinets and a medium tone of brown help ease the transition between the light and dark hues, making it a stunning cohesive theme.
5. Light Blue: Another bold, distinctive hue, light blue comes in a cool hue that pairing with black will allow you to get that easy, sleek look. Try combining these two for the “low-key” bursting of color throughout the kitchen.
Listing our favorite picks for your Perfect Marble Countertops:
1. Statuario Marble: If you’re obsessed with evident veins of the marble, Statuario might be the one for you. Black cabinets can become the uniform background for Statuario’s unique design features.
2. Dark Emperador Marble: The black cabinet is the perfect canvas for Emperador’s asymmetrical veins, moving the theme towards maximalism.
3. Rosa Levante: Looking for a budget-friendly marble? Rosa Levante offers some of the best medium brown hues without shaking your budget.
Top 3 Beautiful Quartz Countertop Colors for Black Cabinets
Quartz can mimic any material you’d want. But unlike granite and marble, they can be manufactured to have a desired and uniform appearance. If you wish your countertops to be sturdy, elegant, and functional, quartz comes with a clear advantage. Here are some gorgeous quartz colors that will instantly spruce up your black cabinets.
1. Pastel Orange: If you are looking for a delicate-looking countertop against your dark kitchen cabinets, this pastel tone of orange adds a serene ambiance to your kitchen. This duo can add a sublime finish to the overall design theme.
2. Cream: Not a fan of bright colors? But still, want that airy and light feel? Opt for cream. The cream has been a go-to alternative that lends a farmhouse-style aesthetic for many designers. Try to use the backsplash in the same shade for a rustic look.
3. Apple Green: Though this cabinet color combination is quite underrated, it can freshen up the entire kitchen. It can offer an organic look, adding both groundedness and a chic ambiance to the design.
Here are our top favorite picks for Quartz Countertops that suit well with Black Cabinetry:
1. Topus Caesarstone: If you want a symmetrical and unified look, opt for Topus to achieve uniformity in the shades of colors while not compromising on its veins that merge softly into the slab.
2. Aria Quartz: If you are looking for some asymmetrical angles, Aria it is. This quartz range has lovely odd curves, making them stand out in your kitchen.
3. Eternal Calacatta: The elegant feature of eternal Calcutta lies in its sparkling gold vein that looks like you’re almost “stargazing” from your kitchen.
Top 6 Laminate Colors to pair with Black Kitchen Cabinets
Manufacturing advancements make laminate more durable and sturdy. Its versatility, color, and texture make it the ideal material in interior design. Without costing you much, laminates can act like a quarried stone, marble, or granite, whatever you like! To make laminate selection easier, here is a list of top colors for you.
1. Bright White: Designing the kitchen space with a bright white countertop is a good way to remove or balance the dullness that black cabinets might bring. This black and white color scheme will give your kitchen an elegant urbane look.
2. Earthy Brown: Earthy brown countertops can bring the outdoor nature indoors, enhancing the overall quotient. An interesting fact about brown is that it is associated with a source of energy, ideal for a space like a kitchen.
3. Pastel Blue: A lighter shade of blue can never be overwhelming. This shade mixed with black is versatile and easy to blend with any equipment and appliance. Light further gives you a tonal balance for your contemporary kitchens.
4. Dark Blue: if you cannot get enough blue, go for dark blue. Apart from evoking the thought of you’re cooking beside the sea, a Dark blue hue can ooze soothing vibes in the kitchen area.
5. Green: Freshen up your kitchen by blending green for your countertops; they can instantly bring in nature. Green is the most relaxing hue due to its visual appeal due to a high spectral wavelength. It gives your cooking space a relaxed and fresh feel.
6. Dark Beige: A rich shade of beige can help your design theme smoothly transition towards the traditional side. When paired with black, dark beige adds a luxurious feel to the kitchen.
Top 3 Stunning Natural Wood Countertop Colors for Black Cabinets
Wood is another material for countertops that adds a warm accent to the kitchen, driving that feng shui effect. The core nature of wood can soften the dark look of black cabinets. Wood countertops are also durable, aesthetic, and affordable. Here are a few of our favorite wood colors that match well with black cabinets.
1. Dark Brown: Dark brown can be a part of a coherent scheme that makes every kitchen element come together. The brown color countertop can also allow the natural wood detailing to stand out.
2. Black: Black on Black combination is extremely versatile and can add sophistication to the overall kitchen. With black kitchen countertops and cabinets, you have the clear advantage of making the handles knobs of the cabinets stand out. Pair them up with brass to create an edgy look.
3. Subdued Gray: Another option for all the neutral shade lovers; gray can evoke contemporary, minimalist, and modern elegance to the kitchen. When paired with black, you will easily achieve a layered and sleek look.
Here are our Top Favorite Picks for Wood Types for your Countertops:
1. Birchwood: Birchwood is one of the best neutral-neat-looking woods. When combined with the natural and organic effect of birchwood, a black kitchen cabinet gives an unmatched contrast.
2. Oak: Oak is for a minimalist kitchen space. When paired with black cabinets, Oak’s medium-toned wood veins exude a sublime effect while creating a startling presence.
3. Walnut: Walnut comes in dark hues; pairing it with a dark or light cabinet can give it an elegant and striking look. The natural darker finish and textures add more to the elegance of black cabinets.
5 Tips That Will Help You In Picking Up The Perfect Color Countertops For Your Black Cabinetry:
- Consider the size of the kitchen. Is your kitchen big or small? This is crucial when choosing the countertop color. A smaller kitchen can benefit from lighter countertop color, while a dark countertop like black or gray works fine in a bigger space.
- Opt for a distressed finish for your black cabinetry to get some relief from the maintenance that comes with uniform and polished finishes.
- When choosing the right color, do not forget other elements in the kitchen surrounding the countertops. The countertop should rhyme and sync with the floors, backsplash, and walls.
- Sampling before fixing the color is crucial. That is why it’s better to choose the color on-site with samples in hand, orienting the color with black cabinets.
- And lastly, be creative with choosing the colors, and add more exciting elements to your dark cabinets that reflect your personality.
Black is one of the most favored choices for homeowners. However, due to its bold and striking appearance, it also brings a lot of challenges to design with. To assist you with countertop selection, we’ve covered everything from bright wood to elegant marble colors that will elevate your gorgeous black cabinets. So, use this guide to find the best countertop material and colors that can completely transform your kitchen space.